L'Università del Piemonte Orientale è vicina alla famiglia del dottor Ahmadreza Djalali, ricercatore iraniano del CRIMEDIM (Centro di ricerca in medicina d'emergenza e dei disastri) detenuto a Teheran (Iran) dal mese di aprile 2016. Le notizie sulle motivazioni della sua detenzione sono scarse e l'Ateneo ha compiuto tutti i passi istituzionali possibili nei confronti della Repubblica Islamica dell'Iran per chiedere di sbloccarne la situazione.
Tutto lo staff del CRIMEDIM, centro diretto dal professor Francesco Della Corte, si è mobilitato per sostenere Ahmadreza Djalali e per fornirgli la possibilità, anche economica, di difendersi legalmente nelle sedi previste dall'ordinamento iraniano.
Qui di seguito riportiamo l'appello del CRIMEDIM.
One of our colleague and friend Dr. Ahmadreza Djalali has been detained in Evin prison in Teheran, Iran, since April 2016. He is a medical doctor and research scientist in disaster medicine. His scientific activity at CRIMEDIM in Novara has been brilliant and has led to many scientific publications of the greatest interest internationally.
Unfortunately, we do not have enough information about the motives of his captivity. However, Ahmadreza has started a hunger strike at 26.12.2016, which is becoming a serious health issue for himself.
We, as CRIMEDIM, Università del Piemonte Orientale, ReGEDiM, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, EMDM Faculty and EMDM Alumni Association, want to extend:
1. Our official support to Ahmadreza
2. Our official support to his family
3. Our connections to be of help in this time of crisis in the same way that we would like to be helped in a similar situation
We, as CRIMEDIM, Università del Piemonte Orientale, ReGEDiM, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, EMDM Faculty and EMDM Alumni Association, are asking:
1. Ahmadreza to stop his hunger strike. We need him to be healthy for future actions and cannot afford to lose a senior professional like him. He is a very valuable member in any community he lives or participates in.
2. Other organizations worldwide to help us find a solution to this case in the quickest and easiest manner.
3. You to collaborate with us in this case: we would like to support Dr. Djalali and his family and hope for liberation through legal means. For these reasons, we gently ask you to participate with a donation to support the costs of his future trial. The Bank details of his wife Vida are: ACCOUNT HOLDER: Vida Mehran Nia | BANK: Nordea | IBAN: SE7930000000018012093391 | BIC: NDEASESS | ACCOUNT NUMBER: 18012093391 | USE: Donation Dr.Djalali |
The community of disaster and humanitarian health scientists around the world are now with Ahmadreza; trying to find out exactly how to cooperate, to coordinate efforts and to be completely relentless in solving this situation.